Monday, May 7, 2012

A New Bicycle for Spring!


I finally bought a bicycle! I wanted to share a few photos of my shiny new bike - I just bought it yesterday and took it for a spin around the neighborhood. I've been meaning to purchase a bike for a long while now and since it has been gorgeous outside lately, it was the perfect time. Yesterday afternoon, it was beautiful and sunny outside - what a great opportunity to explore the streets and paths all around my neighborhood!

I purchased a retro-styled purple cruiser bike, complete with a cute (yet very functional) basket on the front to carry my things! The bike is made by Everyday Bicycles and it is called the Kensington 6-speed Cruiser Bike. I got it for $199 at my local Canadian Tire - yeah, I would have liked to have bought it at an actual cycling store, but the bicycles there all started at a $500 minimum it seemed, and I couldn't justify spending that much right now. Anyway, it is a fantastic bike and I love the color and style! I think it is just perfect for me. Looking forward to fitness and fun!




6 comments:

  1. What a cute bicycle! I really miss having a bike but there's too much traffic here and I don't trust drivers.. :/ I used to cycle everywhere when I still lived in Finland.

    ..and on an unrelated note, I've just written you a letter and will post it tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally can understand that - I don't really trust the drivers around here either, which is why I'm sticking mostly to paved paths that don't follow the main road. I am a bit rusty at riding around (it's been about 7 years since I last had a bike!) but I'm starting to get the hang of it again :)

      Thank you so much for the letter :) I look forward to it! Hope you've been well!!

      Delete
  2. It doesn't really matter where you bought it - the most important thing about a bike is that you ride it. I started commuting by bike last year, and some people were sceptical of my ride choice (a folding bike), but it works great for me, and I ride it all the time (especially since I can hop on the train with it if I'm too tired to ride at the end of the day)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I don't think that a fancy bike is required, but like you said, as long as you use it and enjoy riding it. Your bike sounds very handy and just perfect for you - it is great that it is portable and convenient, fantastic for a bicycle commute! I only wish I lived close enough to my work that I could commute by bike!

      Delete
  3. Are you still riding this bike? I saw it at Canadian Tire today and I am thinking about getting it (with the exact same basket) ;) Just wondering how the bike worked for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do still ride it! It still works without any problems. I think it is great for the casual bike rider if you're just going out and about for a bit of exercise or around town. If you're looking to go for longer distances, I would invest in something a bit higher quality, but I still ride mine and it works for me! It is a pretty heavy bike and it doesn't fit in my car - can't easily remove the front tire as you can with some bikes - something to keep in mind!

      Delete