Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Favourite Chocolate Chip Cookie


Here is a fantastic recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies that has become my go-to cookie recipe.  I slightly modified from the one posted at VegWeb. The cookies turned out super yummy! Very moist, a slightly cakey texture, and full of flavor!

I used the modifications to the recipe as a user suggested in the post and they turned out fantastic. All of these ingredients are easy to find, so you might have them already in your kitchen! This recipe makes about 36 cookies so you'll have enough to share with all of your friends :)

I also added a bit of peanut butter to the recipe that wasn't originally there that gives them a slight peanut butter flavor that isn't overwhelming. I also ran out of chocolate chips - I only had 1/2 a bag left, but this was definitely enough! So feel free to use the whole bag of chocolate chips, or if you just want to use 1/2 the bag, it will turn out great, too!

Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup raw sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 vegan margarine (non-hydrogenated, Earth Balance is the one I use)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup applesauce
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1-12oz bag vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 heaping spoonfuls of natural peanut butter

Heat oven to 370 Fahrenheit. Mix sugars, margarine, vanilla, applesauce, and peanut butter together in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Peanut butter and chocolate?! Sold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm on a bit of a peanut butter & chocolate kick these days as my last two posts included that combination! :)

    ReplyDelete