Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Quick & Easy Blueberry Muffins


Yesterday, I posted about the Strawberry Lavender muffins that I made and today I'm writing about another fruit-filled muffin, the Blueberry Muffin! The recipe from yesterday was a little bit more involved but today's is quick and easy - I made them in less than 5 minutes, popped them in the oven, and brewed a pot of coffee.  By the time the coffee was ready, the muffins were nearly out of the oven and ready to be enjoyed.

Here is the recipe for Vegan Blueberry Muffins - you probably have most of these ingredients on hand and might just need to buy the blueberries!  I used fresh blueberries, though it will work with fresh or frozen depending on what time of year it is and where you live.

INGREDIENTS:
3/4 cup soymilk
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup water
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen

Mix the wet ingredients together.  Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.  Add the blueberries to the dry ingredients.  Then, mix the wet into the dry, and bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. Both these and the Strawberry Lavender muffins look amazing! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two giant bags of blueberries in the freezer (thanks, Costco!) and I can't think of a yummier treat to use them for than muffins. I'll have to make these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great & I love that they're quick & easy.

    ReplyDelete