Thursday, October 13, 2011

Vegan White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies


Since finding the vegan white chocolate chips, I knew that I wanted to make a yummy cookie with them!  I worked until 11:00pm last night, and when I got home, I started baking these cookies!  I know, I am a crazy lady baking at midnight.  These turned out so delicious!  They're so soft but they have a crispiness about them, too.  And the flavor - Paul commented to me today, "Those are vegan!? What!" and even said "These are way better than the ones at Subway."  Success!

Here's the recipe that I put together late last night:

3/4 cup raw sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup Earth Balance
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup applesauce
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
big handful of vegan white chocolate chips
big handful of chopped macadamia nuts
(You can adjust the amount of chocolate and nuts to your liking)

Heat oven to 370 degrees. Mix sugars, margarine, vanilla, and applesauce together in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. OOO these look good. I made some pumpkin oatmeal cookies this am for co-workers. Think I'm going to have to dip into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really admire you, I can't believe you were able to bake these and make them look so good after getting home that late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I brought a whole bunch of these ones to work and everyone loved them! And yeah, I'm a bit of a night owl these days, working evening shifts...I'm finding it difficult to sleep before 2am :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMM Those look so good! Now to find some of those vegan white chocolate chips!

    ReplyDelete