Saturday, October 1, 2011

Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups - No Baking Required!


It is Day 1 of VeganMoFo and here is my first post! I decided that I am going to post about a new Vegan dessert every day for the month of October, which can get, well, rather fattening. So I will be sharing my baked goods with others and spreading the word that baking can be delicious without dairy!

This recipe is a favourite amongst my friends and co-workers as I have shared this recipe with many people in the past. You can make your own version of Reese Peanut Butter Cups at home quickly and easily without baking! These are delicious and in my opinion, taste better than the candy bar. While they aren't exactly good for you, they do use natural peanut butter. Also, they are quite rich, so after eating one of these, your sweet tooth is satisfied immediately. I recommend making a small batch, no more than the twelve as outlined in the recipe.


INGREDIENTS:
12 mini cupcake liners
3/4 cup Vegan semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:
1. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Add 2 tbsp peanut butter and stir. Set aside for 5 minutes to let it cool.
2. Place heaping tablespoon of chocolate mixture into each cupcake liner and spread all over with the back of a spoon. Place chocolate covered liners on a plate and into the fridge to harden.
3. In the meantime, stir peanut butter, vanilla, and sugar together. By this time, you can remove the chocolate liners from the fridge and divide the peanut butter mixture into all 12 liners, pressing down.
4. Top each liner with a heaping tablespoon of chocolate from leftover chocolate mixture. You may have to melt the chocolate a little bit again first.

Chill in the fridge for one hour before consuming.

4 comments:

  1. I love love love the fact that you're using VeganMoFo to promote the deliciousness of vegan sweets in the 'real' world. What a great (and generous) idea!

    These peanut butter cups look mighty tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it okay that I'm drooling on my computer right now?

    That looks delish - I'm stealing your recipe asap :)

    ReplyDelete