Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Look What I Won at Whole Foods Market!


Last month, a brand new Whole Foods Market opened at Square One Shopping Centre in Mississauga, and I was so excited to have a Whole Foods closer to home. I don't always shop there - sometimes I will shop at the local grocery store, sometimes I will shop at Farmers Markets (especially in the summertime), but I do love my Whole Foods. You really can't beat their selection and variety of different foods and they carry a lot of organic items as well. If there is an obscure ingredient that I'm looking for, chances are that Whole Foods carries it.

Around the time of their grand opening, I filled out a little slip of paper to enter a contest they were running.  Yesterday, I found out that I was one of their grand prize winners! So exciting! They told me that I won a gift basket and I could come and pick it up. I had no idea what I was going to win. When I got to the store, the cheerful girl at the customer service desk exclaimed, "Wow! You won the basket with the Magic Bullet!" I was stoked. I've always had my eye on the Magic Bullet but have never owned one.  Now, I am the proud owner of my very own Magic Bullet! Woo!



But wait, that's not all. I also won an assortment of goodies from Manitoba Harvest, makers of hemp products. In a beautiful woven basket, I also won two bags of hemp seeds (so healthy!), hemp milk in chocolate and vanilla (I tried this at the Vegetarian Food Fair last week but didn't get the chance to buy any!  Now I own some, yay!), two t-shirts (one for myself and one for Paul), and a tote bag (that I'm now using to transport snacks and food to work with me).

I don't recall the last time that I actually won anything, so receiving this lovely gift basket from Whole Foods was such an unexpected amazing surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment